Skip to main content

Frogs and Turtles On Sale

I was most horrified to find the following on sale in quite an upscale shopping centre! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dining at a Dog Restaurant

There are many streets in Songyuan with restaurants serving local cuisines. While most of them offer reasonably priced barbecue, porridge, eggs and noodles, there is one that plates out dog, and dog only. Today, I ventured inside to have a firsthand experience of their unusual entrees. Inside the restaurant When I entered the restaurant, I realized that the setting was similar to that of many others around the city. The tables were tidily arranged and were lightly decorated with fresh sprigs of variegated flowers. There was also a noticeably spacious and sun-lit passage. Additionally, on each side of the room, there were pastel draperies at the windows. These inspired a homespun decor, which was delicately accentuated by a sparkling chandelier. Overhead the cashier's counter were framed photographs of the restaurants most delectable fares. From these, I was able to identify the prominent parts of a dog. The head was seemingly baked and honeyed over with a shimmering sau...

How I Survived China

What did I do when the shop attendant moistened his fingertips with saliva just before counting out my change? I ordered more items until di money done ! What did I do when he did the same thing before handing me a bag in which to place the items? I declined his offer, huddled everything in my hand, vowed to have the exact change next time and got myself a durable shopping bag right after. What  did I do after I walked five minutes before finding the supermarket's 'entrance,' and the security guard indicated that I was entering through the exit (She pointed to the EXIT sign.) and then asked me to retrace my steps? I pretended the Chinese characters above the English 'EXIT' confused me, then I proceeded inside. What did I do when the lady cashed my groceries and indicated (in Chinese) that I needed to pay for a 'scandal' ( polythene bag) that I thought would have been complimentary? ( At this point, I had only 5RMB to get a taxi h...

Getting Buff in China!

Being fit and toned has become the new vogue. Although I have never been one to " falla fashin " (copy other people's behaviour , dress or ideas ), I have finally given in to this trend. The inception Once I did my research on proper nutrition, cardiovascular workout and resistance training, I decided on a plan to transform into a sculpted belle. First, I overhauled my diet. I started having steady repasts of fruits and vegetables. Meat was rarely consumed, and I was often hydrated with green juice, green tea and mineral water. What I have started eating   What I have avoided  Gradually, I incorporated routine exercises. I started jogging on an open lot near my apartment. When this became mundane, I alternated between working out to aerobic videos on YouTube and jumping with the support of a skipping rope. However, after doing the latter one night, my Chinese neighbour paid me a visit. From her gestures, I garnered that her roof ...