What did I do when the shop attendant moistened his fingertips with saliva just before counting out my change? I ordered more items until di money done ! What did I do when he did the same thing before handing me a bag in which to place the items? I declined his offer, huddled everything in my hand, vowed to have the exact change next time and got myself a durable shopping bag right after. What did I do after I walked five minutes before finding the supermarket's 'entrance,' and the security guard indicated that I was entering through the exit (She pointed to the EXIT sign.) and then asked me to retrace my steps? I pretended the Chinese characters above the English 'EXIT' confused me, then I proceeded inside. What did I do when the lady cashed my groceries and indicated (in Chinese) that I needed to pay for a 'scandal' ( polythene bag) that I thought would have been complimentary? ( At this point, I had only 5RMB to get a taxi h...

Funny how simple things become hard when there's a language barrier
ReplyDeleteGet a s4 or s5 it has a great translater app I am sure it would help.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely going to explore a translation app on my phone, but inaccurate pronunciation (even the slightest) can lead to misunderstanding.
ReplyDeleteSo what's in the take away??
ReplyDeleteYou will know soon!
ReplyDeleteVegetable and meat in the bag lol
ReplyDelete